Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Values

Not surprisingly at all my values are inherently "Western." But with interconnectedness in mind many of the values that I hold can be reconciled with the values of the sacred tree. Most of my values have to do with self reliance and determination, which coincide with the importance of volition, and the idea that all must be active participants in the unfolding of their own potentialities is at the core of my values. Another Value I hold dear is honesty, I have never been one to avoid being honest in the spirit of avoiding conflict, and I keep myself honest even when it would be easier to lie. Humility is a value that can reflect honesty because in order to have humility one must first be honest with themselves about their abilities. Humility is just an outward express of internal honesty about ones own capabilities and limits. Integrity is my last value that I discussed in class and it can be found all throughout the sacred tree. Whether in regards to how you treat those around you or yourself, the idea of integrity is integral to the central message of the Sacred Tree in that everything is connected and should be respected.

No comments:

Post a Comment