Thursday, January 19, 2012

Crow V Coyote

So todays performances were a lot of fun but something bothers me about one of the stories. It has nothing to do with the morals, or humor, or mechanics, it has to do with with crows. Crows are some of the smartest animals on the planet and one of my favorites. So in defense of crows I offer up this video, for those of you who will stave off internet ADD to watch all ten minutes. Aside from odd afinity towards crows the class came alive today and it got me to start thinking. Kept as an oral tradition it is hard for me to imagine that these story tellers weren't talented, and it makes me wonder how much I have been missing reading in a monotonous inside my head. The stories have morals and speak towards human nature but they were also meant to entertain, so when I read these stories as I would a manual to assemble furniture it does not do it justice. Though I do not always have the luxury of players performing the stories, I do control my inner voice while reading the piece and after todays class it will be much more lively.

No comments:

Post a Comment